Disease and infections of the excretory system can be prevented by proper health habits. Proper care should be practiced to keep the urogenital and excretory systems healthy.
1. Have a regular bowel movement and discharge urine in clean toilets. Do not hold back urination and bowel movement. This may cause constipation and kidney trouble.
2. Drink plenty of water everyday. Water dilutes the concentration of salts in the body.
3. Take a bath regularly. Regular bathing removes the dead skin cells and dirt that may block the pores of the skin.
4. Eat plenty of fruits and vegetables. They contain fiber, or roughage, that helps in moving bowels regularly.
5. Avoid eating too much salty and fatty food. To much salt in the body may overwork the kidneys, causing kidney troubles.
6. Avoid too much exposure to the sun. Apply sun block when going to the beach to avoid sunburn.
7. Have a regular exercise. This does not only keep you fit, but also makes the lungs and skin more efficient in excreting body wastes.
8. Visit your doctor at the first signs of infection of the excretory organs to avoid further complications.